|Overall Job Purpose To work with senior leaders, colleagues, and the Programme Management Office to design, develop and deliver service transformation projects as part of the Halton Housing ‘Driving our Future’ transformation programme. This includes adherence to all aspects of project and programme governance from project initiation through to project closure and evaluation. The role will initially focus on the implementation of a new CRM platform to drive our customer experience. The scope of this work will include the establishment of our CRM requirements, market testing and procurement of a solution leading through to an implementation project. This role will involve working closely with the Customer Experience Neighbourhoods, Homes and IT colleagues across the business. This role may also involve leading on or supporting other projects according to business needs.
Context of role
With 7,000 homes and 330 employees, Halton Housing is a business that prides itself on doing things differently. Forward thinking and innovative, we have developed an ambitious programme of change that is designed to improve services for both our customers and our colleagues. The IT Project Manager will initially work alongside the IT Team to shape and deliver a CRM and housing management options appraisal project; they will also need to develop strong and effective relationships with the PMO, colleagues from across the business and with the project sponsor. As the programme develops, the postholder may also be required to develop, lead, and deliver other projects according to the needs of the business. The ideal candidate will have successfully delivered transformation, CRM and / or system migration projects within the housing sector. They will also be conversant with change management principles and will be able to demonstrate how they have successfully applied this to deliver sustainable transformation to service and culture.
- Work with key stakeholders to design, develop and deliver projects as part of the Halton Housing Driving our Future transformation programme.
- Work with the Programme Office to ensure adherence to all project governance requirements from project initiation to closure and evaluation.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure requirements and project scope reflect the needs of the business.
- Develop, manage, and maintain detailed project plans and produce regular timely progress reports to the project sponsor and the Programme Office.
- Manage project expenditure, resources, time, and deliverables effectively.
- Proactively identify and manage project risks and issues, escalating to the project sponsor and the Programme Office as appropriate.
- Identify project benefits and develop associated benefits realisation plans.
- Produce change impact assessments and associated implementation plans to ensure change is embedded to the business.
Skills/Knowledge Required Essential
- Qualified project management practitioner or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven ability to deliver projects in an agile and adaptive way, to time, quality, and cost.
- Experience of applying change methodology principles to projects to ensure successful and sustained transformational change.
- Ability to work at pace and deliver several priorities simultaneously to achieve set deadlines.
- Experience of identifying and managing risk.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Demonstrable experience of systems implementation such as housing management and/or CRM/ERP platforms such as MS Dynamics, Salesforce or other cloud-based platforms.
- Experience of business process automation.
- Experience of business process reengineering.
- Experience of managing system change across multiple business units and being able to contribute to technical and/or business process discussions.
- Ability to work with and through people, either indirectly or as part of a team, to deliver collaborative outcomes.
- Experience of identifying business benefits and producing benefits realisation plans.
- Ability to rapidly create and sustain effective working relationships.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Housing sector experience specifically around customer engagement and repairs & maintenance.
- Experience of -systems integration and migration.
- Experience of supplier management.
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and Lean User stories.
- Experience of a broad technology/business process RFP tender
- Experience with testing and business acceptance for systems implementation.
- Outgoing personality with strong stakeholder management abilities