|Front End Developer
competitive DOE plus company benefits
Occasional travel to Norwich required
Williams Lea Tag seeks a Front End Developer to join our team!
Are you self-motivated with a “can do” attitude? Are you able to work within a team to build website for a range of technologies and for multiple clients? Experience ofWaterfall and Agile software development frameworks would be advantageous.
How would you like to work for a global business process outsourcing (BPO) organisation with a client base of blue chip FTSE100 and Fortune 500 companies within the Public Sector, Financial Services, Legal, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences and Energy industry sectors?
Sound good so far? Then this is the perfect position for you and you are just the individual that we are looking for!
Williams Lea is looking for a Front End developer. This is a full-time role based in Norwich. The successful candidate will be working in a dedicated Web Development Team within a fast-moving and growing Technology function.
The Technology group provides services through all areas of the software development lifecycle. The role involves working with the latest technologies on client-facing bespoke development projects as well as development of internal platforms and systems.
The successful candidate will be working in a team of developers to build websites for with a range of technologies and for multiple clients. Experience with both Waterfall and Agile software development frameworks is advantageous.
We are looking for someone who is/can:
* Experienced Front-end developer able to implement robust and high quality web applications according to specification documents / user stories.
* Good exposure to Object Oriented Design practices and design patterns
* Client-focused, working independently and simultaneously across multiple projects.
* Capture and documentation of customer requirements and transformation into software design specifications / user stories.
* Writes structured well-documented code to deliver scalable software solutions.
* Competent problem solver and quickly identifies and finds ways of overcoming obstacles and barriers.
* Good communication, able to write clear and concise documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
* Team player with effective time management.
* Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to peer review and provide feedback on others work.
* Consistently technically abreast of existing, new and emerging technologies to complement solutions.
* Develop code as per the specifications and coding standards
* Liaise with Technical Lead, Testers and any other project stakeholders both verbally and in writing
* Assist in the production of detailed technical design documentation & estimates
* Implementing unit tests
* Ensure all code passes unit testing with appropriate code coverage
* Assist in peer reviews of other team members code
* Provide feedback on process to refine where necessary
* Technical support, including assisting with on-call support.
Experience in the following technologies is required:
Angular (version 5 or above)
CSS up to and including CSS3
CSS pre-processors (e.g. Sass, Less)
HTML5, including knowledge of the full range of language features
Cross-browser compatibility testing and development.
Accessibility and usability (WAI, WCAG, ARIA)
Building responsive websites
Unit testing (BDD/TDD)
Experience in any of the following technologies is desirable:
Drupal development (configuring, theming and/or module development)
Understanding of PHP
Testing frameworks (Behat, Codeception, PHPUnit, QUnit, Selenium)
Integrating websites with 3rd party APIs (REST/SOAP)
Apache server configuration
Cloud hosting (AWS, Azure)
XSLT and XPath
Client-side performance analysis and optimization techniques
Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
Source Control (Git, SVN)
Design and Wireframing
Qualifications and Experience
* Educated to degree level or higher in Computer Science or a related technology field or equivalent industry experience
* Experienced front-end developer with a history of implementing robust and high quality web applications according to specification documents / user stories.
* 5+ years working with web technology.
* Experience of the software development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies.
* Experience of providing client facing support is an advantage.
In return the Front End Developer will receive a competitive salary, and benefits which includes Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance/Life Assurance, Company Pension, Corporate Eye Care, Personal Accident and Company Sick Pay. Additional benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Gym Membership, Charity Donations, Employee Offers, Retail Vouchers and Season Ticket Loan are offered at a discount on a salary sacrifice basis. You will also have the opportunity to work for a global employer; and dedicated to offering each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career with future career development prospects.
Williams Lea positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: Due to the high volume of responses received for this role we will not be able to contact all applicants directly. If you have not heard from us in four weeks please consider your application unsuccessful