|Systems Administrator (SysOps) - Newcastle - £350 - £380 p/d - 8 Month Contract - ASAP
My client a global award-winning software development partner is currently on the hunt for 3 Systems Administrators to join the growing team on an initial 8 month contract, with a very high chance of future extensions.
As the Systems Administrator you and the team will be responsible for the stable operation of mission critical systems that my client and their clients depend upon for conducting business. You will be Working closely in the Development, Service Desk and QA teams, you will oversee support cases, service improvement work and the implementation of new systems from start to finish, taking pride in delivering results to the highest standard.
The successful candidate will be analytically minded, able to work through issues in a logical and methodical way, solving complex challenges without breaking a sweat. Attention to detail is a must have trait, and you’ll be the kind of person who is eager to ensure that everything works just right.
* Experience with administration of Linux/UNIX systems, preferably Debian or CentOS/RHEL.
* Proficient understanding of hardware virtualisation, and experience working with virtualised systems, preferably Xen or Linux KVM.
* Working experience with MySQL.
* Working experience with configuration management / infrastructure as code tools, such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
* Working experience of version control systems, preferably Git (BitBucket).
* Proficiency with at least one scripting language, preferably BASH.
* An understanding of basic networking practice and principles, including VLANs, firewalls and VPNs, ideally in a Cisco environment
* Experience with monitoring systems, preferably Nagios/CheckMK or Zabbix.
They are looking to hold phone interviews ASAP, with offer shortly after this to then start within the next couple of weeks.
If this sounds of interest, please apply with a copy of your most up to date CV.
This position is outside of IR35.
Please note this is office based and not remote working.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy