|Digit People is partnering with a client who is a leading organisation in the UK providing technical services to other businesses. Our client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer. This is a great opportunity to join with a reputable organisation in the Manchester area. The ideal candidate will have strong experience of the IT and Telecoms environment, and will have high/ advanced level IP networking skills. The role involves working with a support team and offers a variety of opportunities for the candidate to further develop their skill set and career.
Responsibilities will include:
* Supporting existing clients via the support desk.
* Installation and maintenance of PBX’s/VoIP Hosted Systems on customers premises
* Working to re-in state and fault find issues with Virtual Hosts in our Data Centre
* Diagnosing network/ADSL/FTTC/Ethernet issues
* Liaising with 3rd Party suppliers to support customers and resolve faults
* Liaise with sales regarding pre/post sales configuration of networks etc.
* Planning/installing/maintaining WIFI networks
* Working with Sales people to present solutions to clients when needed
A suitable candidate should demonstrate the following skills:
* Advanced Knowledge of IP networks, sub nets, switches & routers
* Hosting in data centre and monitoring resources would be advantageous
* IP Subnets, NAT, firewall and QoS would be desirable
* AVAYA experience advantageous
* ADSL /FTTC/MPLS Leased Lines knowledge
* Infrastructure installation/maintenance skills on CAT5/6 & CW1308 networks
* SIP/IPDC faults, config & packet tracing
* Firewalls and SIP traversal in and out
* Virtualisation software such as VMWare and Hyper-V
* WiFi Access points config/faults and Router config/faults
If you are interested in this role and think you would be suitable for the role please click apply and send me an up to date CV