|Junior Software Engineer
An Junior Software Engineer vacancy has become available within a world leading Power Management Company, with approximately 95,000 employees worldwide, with this position based in Cwmbran, Wales. It is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop and further their career within a global organisation. The company has made significant investments in its manufacturing capabilities in the past year and as a result is looking to expand the Finance Team based in Cwmbran.
* You will have a solid understanding of the full software development life-cycle. Strong OO and UML design abilities are a must as well as the ability to self-develop.
* Ideally, you will also have experience of a modern software project management paradigm - such as Agile. The software team develops applications across multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, Android, iOS) and programming languages (C# and C++).
* As a hands-on developer, you will be an experienced C# .NET developer with a focus and expertise in developing WinForms applications.
* Working with TCP / IP is a must, as well as effective and stable multi-threaded programming. Strong LINQ skills are desirable.
* Your role would involve launching brand new product lines as well as maintaining existing products.
* You will be required to occasionally travel between different office locations in the UK and sometimes visit installation sites when needed.
* 2+ years industry experience or relevant degree qualification
* Comprehensive knowledge of C# .NET (3.5), C++ and use of TCP / IP
* Understanding of ASP.NET, HTML and WCF
* Desirable if the candidate has knowledge of Entity Framework, Web Services and Agile development
* Cwmbran Based – NP44
* Base Salary: £23,000-£25,000
* Monday – Friday, 09:00-17:00
* 33 Days Holiday (25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays)
* 8% Pension Contribution
* Life Assurance Plus Income Protection
* Permanent Position
For additional information or further questions please contact (phone number removed), please ask to speak with Elliot