|Senior Software Developer/ Engineer - Journey Management & Consignment
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Do you have?
* Good relevant degree or transferable and proven experience as a developer
* Industry experience in C# and .Net
* OO concepts such as polymorphism, inheritance etc., taking this further with knowledge of SOLID principles.
* SQL experience using Microsoft SQL Server
* Knowledge of Unit Testing
* Experience of coaching and mentoring others
* A good understanding of Design Patterns and SQL best Practice for performance purposes
* Good knowledge of all forms of testing
What do we do?
Microlise is an established but growing software house and telematics company based in Nottingham. Working for us, you’ll be involved with a number of innovative and industry leading projects and developing technology for our fleet and vehicle telematics, safety, health and compliance, journey management and delivery management options that we offer to our extensive and growing customer base.
What does the department do?
Qurr and his 2 UK teams Seems Legit and Genesis (8 people in each) manage Journey Management & Consignment side of the Fleet, these areas give the customers complete control to manage their fleet journeys and brief their drivers to organise deliveries \ consignments. This domain generally operates on over 400 Retail Customers worldwide. Some of the customers are Sainsbury's, ASDA, Tesco, Coles, Knorr-Bremse & Eddie Stobbart.
This domain has also been instrumental in creating DevOps process improving Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, to keep our large fleet of customers with the latest version with least amount of impact.
What will I be involved in?
* Daily: Kata's, Stand ups, Pair Programming, Unit Testing, Submitting Pull Requests, Reviewing Pull Requests, Code Reviews, Fixing Bugs, Paying down Technical Debt, Monitoring, Project work and Design work.
* Weekly: Public Code Reviews, Dojo's, Refinements (twice a week)
* Fortnightly: Planning, Retrospectives, Sprint Reviews and Demos.
* Projects: Zero Downtime Upgrades, Wave Programme, Reports, Single Sign On, Mobile Development
What’s the team structure?
The team comprises of entry level developers through to solution architects and we provide clear career ladders for each employee to forge the career they desire with full training, support and mentoring from senior member of the team.
What technologies will I use?
C#, Xamarin, .NET Core, Micro Services, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL,
Want to find out more? Visit our website
What’s it like to be a Developer at Microlise? Take a look at Matthew's video
* We believe in our culture, values and staff successes
* We believe in developing our staff and support our employees with their professional development goals.
* 24 days holiday excluding bank holidays, increasing by 1 a year to 29 days
* Free parking, tea, coffee and daily fruit
* Vitality Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised eye tests and glasses
* Local discounts
* Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards!
* Free tickets to the British Superbikes, come and support Microlise Cresswell racing and the team!
Were doing great things, come and be part of our success!
* 2018 – East Midlands Chamber of Commerce Business of the year and Excellence in International Trade, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, Top 20 in the BDO growth barometer – Nottinghamshire, and an IIP employer
* 2017 - Top 200 company in Nottingham, top 50 in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 league table, Sunday Times top 100 Profit Track, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year finals,
* Megabuyte Top 50 2016
Interested in the role? Great, we look forward to your application!
Just to let you know, telephone interviews and face to face interviews will take place while the advert is still live, so please don’t delay with your application! The role may close early if the perfect candidate is found.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship outside of the UK is not available for this position)