|What you will do…
* Provide 1st and 2nd line support to minimise disruption during trading hours.
* Resolve faults passed on locally, including hot-swap services to rectify hardware faults whilst ensuring minimum downtime.
* Working pro-actively to improve the service provided to the client.
* Balance and prioritise activities within the busy support environment.
* Ensure action within agreed SLA’s.
* Have a clear approach to problem identification and analysis, and seeking solutions.
* Minimum of 2 years Trading Support experience in Financial Markets on-floor environment.
* An outstanding work ethic with the flexibility to work independently or as part of a team.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to engage with colleagues and customers at a variety of levels.
* A robust attitude in difficult situations and a tactful approach to clients.
* Confident knowledge of Financial Markets trading systems and market data systems.
* Practical knowledge of trading floor support’s key infrastructure.
* Disciplined time management.
* Commitment to out of hours and potential weekend work.
What you’ll bring…
* Strong communicator and ability to engage colleagues and customers at all levels
* Robust character able to deal with difficult situations and clients tactfully but firmly
* Analysis and Solutions seeking with a clear approach to problem identification and analysis
* A structured approach to work, self-organised and adaptable to varying demands in workload
* Able to prioritise workload, ensuring actioned within agreed SLA's
* Disciplined with good time management and takes responsibility for decisions
* Minimum of 2 years Trading Support experience in Financial Markets on-floor environment
* Good working knowledge of Financial Markets trading applications systems and market data systems
* Good working knowledge of key infrastructure supporting the trading floors
* Front to back awareness of processes within an investment bank (from sales to back office)
* Monitoring to support application service availability
* Front office support experience - understanding trade capture, risk and trade stores
The following Application based Technical skill sets are required:
* Good awareness of Information Security Policies and Technology Risk Management from an enterprise I banking systems context
* Specific technical experience of Unix, SybaseI Oracle, Excel VBA, Windows, SQL, Excel, .NET., scripting knowledge
* Monitoring tool sets, such as Geneos
* Understanding of log files and trouble shooting
* Ticket management experience, such as Jira I ServiceNow
* Line of Defence:
* Compliance with Group Policies; to test, certify, and document business controls and operating procedures o Operates within a governance structure; to identify, manage risk, and for maintaining risk assessments