|Leading European Institution has tasked me to identify an Infrstaructire or Middleware Architect for an initail 12 month contract in Brussels.
IT infrastructure or middleware Architecture (Oracle SOA stack), web services, message-oriented middleware, service-oriented bus, service implementation, distributed system design and messaging layer, architecture modelling tools (ARIS)
The IT Architect is expected to perform the following activities
* Produce High Level Designs of target IT infrastructure and/or middleware architecture in the context of large-scale IT systems
* Review architecture artefacts produced by team members or other service providers.
* Provide formal documented advice in terms of components, services, technologies, COTS software products, frameworks, standards, etc.
* Support projects by designing services and components (or supervising contractors' design), encouraging re-use and by committing that the design of the system will fulfil the system's requirements, in particular non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability);
* Interact with the different stakeholders (representatives of the business, developers, integrators, operators) to gather and consolidate the technical vision, and create the fit-for-purpose operating model
* Support the set-up and maintenance of IT Architecture governance and reference architecture for IT infrastructure and middle-ware.
* Ensure alignment with the reference architecture and systematically consider integration, interoperability and re-use aspects as part of all the above activities.
* Participate in team meetings, project meetings and workshops as required
* Possess at least 5 years of experience in as an IT infrastructure (network, storage, virtualisation, datacentre, etc.) or middle-ware Architect role (Oracle SOA stack) performed in the context of complex, large-scale IT systems.
* Demonstrable knowledge of interoperability mechanisms (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus);
* Demonstrable knowledge of service implementation patterns (synchronous, asynchronous, request/response, etc.), distributed system design and messaging layer;
* Extensive experience with architecture modelling tools (ARIS is a strong plus)
* Experience in the context of Customs or Taxation IT systems or business processes is a strong plus.
* Excellent proactive communicator that can communicate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders, is able to defend a point of view, drive the alignment of stakeholders on a common vision, formalise and raise risks and issues in a timely manner and at the right level, is able to navigate complex multi-stakeholder and multi environments.
* Professional proficiency in English, good command of French is a plus.
Please share an updated Cv for an immediate start.
Please visit our website (url removed)