In 2018 Utilita won Best Smart Meter Experience and Best App in the uSwitch Awards. Utilita are one of the largest energy providers in Britain supplying gas and electricity predominantly to the pre-payment market. Utilita was established in 2003 with an aim to give customers a fairer deal, now supplying both customers and businesses.
Utilita currently employs around 1,500 people across their eleven sites nationwide. Year on year, Utilita continues to grow, resulting in departments expanding and creating many internal progression opportunities and Projects including Website and Mobile App Development!
What You'll Be Doing
* Integrate data from various back-end services using API’s and Oracle databases
* Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
* Collaborate with tech authors to create and maintain software documentation
* Create test documentation to instruct testing team what to test.
This person needs to be skilled in PHP development, with a background in developing websites from concept and maintaining thereafter, this could involve creating the website layout (UI) using HTML/CSS/JS.
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for Web Developers with a strong background in Laravel Framework (Or similar) & GIT. We’re looking for somebody with knowledge and experience of various development languages, methodologies and framework.
* Degree in a computing related subject or equivalent qualification
* Good understanding of MVC framework – Preferably Laravel
* Experience of using GIT, Jenkins or similar
* Working knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
* Understanding of source code management and the code release process
* Exciting career progression opportunities within an established and growing organisation
* A creative, innovative, forward thinking leader in its field
* With our sponsored partnerships; we offer free football and concert and tickets giveaways
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
* Private healthcare including discounted gym membership
* Staff energy tariff
* Heavily subsidised canteen