|Infrastructure Engineer (VOIP/SIP/Linux)
DOE + benefits
Are you looking for a new challenge, working in a business working with interesting technologies?
My client based in North Cardiff have an interesting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer (VOIP/SIP/Linux) to join their thriving business.
Reporting to the Ops Manager, the Infrastructure Engineer (VOIP/SIP/Linux) will work as part of the technical team to support the company’s platform and its customers.
• Perform root cause analysis of high severity incidents.
• Provide feedback and assistance to the Technical Lead of Infrastructure on all operational matters.
• Research and Development of the company’s platform to further enhance the capabilities to customers.
• Perform 3rd line technical support to customers and 2nd line support teams.
• Liaise with third parties and supplier’s technical teams
• Provide diagnostic data and replicate customer solutions in a Lab environment.
• Perform in-house and customer training.
• Conduct customer visits with senior staff as required.
You will be expected to have most, if not all of the following experience –
• At least five years’ experience of providing technical customer care within an SIP/IP environment.
• Experience of working within in an ITIL service environment and ticketing system
• Extensive knowledge of troubleshooting and administration of:
o Linux (EG. Redhat/Centos, Suse)
o L3 Switches & Routers
o WAN/MPLS/VLAN networking
o Oracle Session Border Controllers
o Voice over IP (using SIP/SDP/RTP)
o Packet Capture & Analysis (eg Wireshark)
o Quality of Service
o Sonicwall, or equivalent Firewall
o IP Load Balancers
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company going through an exciting period of growth & change.
For further information and to receive a full role profile, please send in an up to date copy of your CV with your application or contact James Chau on (phone number removed) or