|Location: Otterbourne, Hampshire
Salary: £12 per hour
Contract : 3 month temporary and then converts to a full time role.
We have a 1st Line Analyst opportunity within the service desk of a global leader in environmental solutions.
As a 1st Line Analyst you will share responsibility for the successful administration of the Service Desk’s 1st tier operations.
* To identify all and any impediments affecting the efficient delivery of applications and services and determine and execute appropriate measures for their mitigation
* The proactive detection, recording and escalation of problems, ensuring management is kept fully aware of key issues and their status
* To develop knowledge and processes for the support of new systems and services
* To achieve and exceed Service Desk Service Level Agreements
* To carry out investigations to identify trends, problems and areas for systems/process improvements
* To resolve an agreed proportion of requests and incidents and progress remaining tickets to appropriate 2nd, 3rd line teams and/or 3rd party organisations
* To reduce the impact of service affecting incidents and problems and ensure an appropriate and timely response to all reported issues
* ITIL Practitioner or Foundation certified
* Advanced level education (or higher)
* One or more professional qualifications from leading solution providers: Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Oracle, etc.
* Microsoft MCSA, Cisco CCAA, Citrix CCENT, Symantec SCS, ServiceNow CSA
* Appropriate level experience of a busy 1st tier Service Desk operation
* Good application support experience with a proven ability to learn new and complex software applications
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with several problems simultaneously
* Demonstrable understanding of the ITIL Service Management framework and an appreciation of the complimentary quality standard ISO/IEC 20000.
Dimensions of the Role
* Complexity: Support a complex portfolio of services/IT environments
* People: Ability to self-motivate and work within a team environment
* Location: National
* Skill Level: Team member
* Role Impact: Role holder's actions/decisions have a minor impact on the function
* Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with staff and management alike
* Good understanding of customers’ business operations and a detailed understanding of their key applications and services