|Dolphin is a world leader in assistive software for blind, partially sighted and dyslexic people with a distribution channel in over forty countries. We are looking to recruit an apprentice to join our Technical Support team in delivering first rate service and troubleshooting technical incidents.
This apprenticeship is an ideal start to your career in IT. You will work as part of a team delivering a first class, professional customer service in an office based IT Support position. You will use sound judgment and take decisions to maximize customer satisfaction.
* Resolving and logging customer support incidents (via phone and email)
* Diagnose hardware and software faults
* Create and maintain support documentation
* Ensuring customer feedback is escalated to relevant teams and departments
* Product testing
* 23 days of annual leave every year in addition to being closed over the Christmas period
* Flexible working policy
* 2 weeks fully paid sick leave, and 2 weeks at 50% pay in a year
* Workplace pension scheme
* Sponsorship to take part in fitness events
This role would suit someone who can demonstrate:
* IT literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Knowledge of desktop and laptop computers
* A knowledge of current software packages
* An ability to follow direction and complete tasks set independently, asking for help if necessary
* Work constructively as part of a team, understanding roles and responsibilities and own position within these
* Communication and team working skills are essential.
* You should be customer focused.
* Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.
* We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven.
* You should seek responsibility and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
* You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work.
* Be keen to learn, share your ideas and support change.
Training to be provided
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice qualification together with on site training by the employer.
For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be 15 months. There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and ultimately on to a Degree Apprenticeship.
Knowledge Modules include:
KM1 Networking and Architecture
KM2 Mobile and Operating Systems
KM3 Cloud Services
KM4 Coding and Logic
KM5 Business Process