|We are seeking a Schools ICT Technician to support and maintain ICT services for Sefton Schools. In this role you will work with the Schools Lead Engineer, to liaise with educational and public sector customers in respect of their ICT requests, including full fault and incident resolution and access to services. You will provide first point of contact support and fault resolution using onsite visit or remote management systems where available and provide documented technical solutions for users in an educational environment. You will be responsible for assisting in the completion of all relevant call\asset management records and maintaining relevant admin records at all times.
How will you spend your days?
* Ensure that all ICT users are met with a prompt, positive and professional response
* Take ownership and strive to achieve resolution of ICT user Technical Support Cases on a first line basis, within the Customers contracted response and / or fix time as appropriate
* Log and police support cases through to resolution
* Dealing with enquiries from customers face to face and via telephone, email, fax and online.
* Ensuring that incidentsare logged and recorded and then dealt with in a timely manner.
* Building and deploying end user devices to students and staff
* Installing applications onto user devices
* Addressing requests for assistance with printers and other equipment
* Undertaking essential administrative tasks such as asset management and technical documentation
How will you stand out?
* Knowledge of Microsoft products, Windows 7 and 10 (and Server operating systems)
* Knowledge of the ICT role in delivering the education curriculum
* The ability to follow a structured approach to service management
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Previous experience of ICT technical support
* Previous experience of working in schools environment
* Strong AD, Group Policy, DNS DHCP Hyper-V etc.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in the Microsoft technology stack, particularly Windows Server (2008 R2 onwards)
* Significant proficiency and experience designing, administering and supporting Windows-based desktop environments (Windows 8, 10)
* Preferred knowledge and uses of system imaging.
* Comms Knowledge desirable but not essential
* SIMS and FMS Support experience desirable but not essential
* Driving License and Transport essential
* You will have a good standard of education to at least A Level standard or equivalent, a higher level qualification would be desirable.
* Enhanced Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is required prior to appointment.
What’s in it for you?
Agilisys is the UK's most innovative IT and business process service provider, transforming the way our clients deliver services to their customers through the use of strategic, affordable, shared service platforms. Working for both the public and private sector, we have earned a strong reputation and hold deep domain expertise within local government, travel and tourism, retail financial services and healthcare.
Agilisys offers a cohesive work culture involving a multitude of backgrounds that promotes diverse ideas to help form strong solutions. As part of one of the Top EOT’s in the UK, we value reinvesting in our employees with opportunities for career growth and benefits that ultimately reinforce the integrity of the company.
* Positive Work/Life Balance
* Health insurance
* Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme- Exclusive Discounts/Offers at Various Retailors
* Pension scheme
* Employer Owner as part our Employee Owned Trust
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer