|We are recruiting for a Java Developer to join our client's growing team based in Crawley.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate an avid interest & proven ability in computer programming using a variety of programming languages & development technologies (e.g. C/C++, assembler, Java, etc.).
You will be responsible for
* Developing & maintaining highly optimised server-side components that manage the Service’s real-time reporting collation & filtering mechanisms.
* Appropriately updating the test scenarios for newly written functionality.
* Running test scenarios and addressing defects.
* Aspects of product documentation where applicable.
* Providing technical support.
* Some occasional out-of-hours Linux Server maintenance, upgrade, and emergency support activities.
Applicants require the following essential skills & knowledge:
* 3 years commercial experience developing multi-threaded server-side applications using Oracle Java, including exceptional knowledge of Generic Programming.
* Dynamic web page generation using Java Server Pages.
* Good English communication skills.
* Applicants with the following skills would be highly preferred:
* Experience successfully re-implementing fast disk-persisted storage & search algorithms, e.g. Red-Black tree and/or B-tree storage.
1 year of experience developing applications with native (unmanaged) C/C++.
The following skills would be advantageous:
* Linux configuration & administration skills.
* Knowledge of source control practices (merging, branching, etc).
* Knowledge of general telephony and/or computer telephony integration protocols such as CSTA.
* Knowledge of databases & SQL.
First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy