|Java Software Engineer – Space Division
We are delighted to be working on behalf of an international organisation who operate in a broad spectrum of market sectors. They are a leading developer of information and communications technology services, e-business, web and mobile applications, editorial newsroom and advanced technology solutions.
The company employs around 500 staff.
Their IT project team develop robust, real-world application solutions and provide supporting services that create real business benefits.
About The Role
You will be involved in exciting projects from observing the Earth’s weather systems to spacecraft missions, including monitoring and control, planning, automation, operations data preparation, archives and big data analysis. We are also developing an exciting new product to facilitate the trend of operating mega-constellations.
As a Software Developer at our organisation you will be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle and will be responsible for implementation of software components using Java and support for current systems software. You may also have the opportunity to visit the customer site to assist with testing and provide support or training.
* A software engineering background with development experience in Java.
* An understanding and appreciation of good software development practices, including the use of source code management systems and project standards/guidelines.
* The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
* It is expected that the role will include customer interaction, so the successful candidate will be fluent in English and confident in their role in representing the company.
* Programming within an eclipse environment using Java
* Linux systems
* Software design and UML
* Knowledge of programming in C/C++
* Requirements engineering
* Understanding of verification and validation
* Knowledge of spacecraft planning systems would be useful but is not an essential requirement
* Knowledge of HLA will be an advantage
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Security Clearance desirable
* Willing to travel to customer sites
Due to the importance of these projects, you must be willing to undergo a security clearance check.
Working with our client is both challenging and rewarding. Your work and involvement will make an important contribution to their varied projects. Their staff are enthusiastic, self-starters who thrive in a dynamic environment.
This is an exciting time to join a market leading organisation with innovation and future proofing at the heart of everything they do.
An attractive remuneration package and career development is available for successful candidates.
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency