|WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the largest privately-owned HR and Payroll provider in the UK with global offices. This is a really exciting time in MHR where we continue our Global expansion using People First, you will be part of a multi-disciplined Agile team developing cutting edge software to help us achieve our ambitious goals. People First is a complete work ethos and HR platform that enables a better, more productive way of working for everyone.
We are open to using new and emerging technologies. In order to facilitate this we encourage colleagues to attend training courses and/or go to conferences such as JAX London, DDD exchange and Devoxx. We welcome developers own suggestions on how to progress their professional development.
* Work as part of a team to provide formal and qualified estimates of development effort.
* Produce high quality software that is tested, extensible, scalable and maintainable.
* Complete code reviews for other members of the team
* Attending and contributing to internal meetings such as daily stand ups, refinement, planning retrospectives and design sessions.
* Deliver all planned work within set delivery timescales managing your time effectively to achieve this and escalating if not achievable at the earliest opportunity.
* Discover new technologies and techniques and adapt to dynamic business requirements.
* Provide support to customers if required to the best of your ability
* Proactively looking to improve processes and remove waste from the development lifecycle.
* Angular – Intermediate (AngularJS knowledge beneficial)
* Jasmine testing library – Intermediate
* Knowledge of common coding and testing anti-patterns and how to avoid them
* Proficient with CSS and knowledge of BEM or similar convention
* Communication – Intermediate
* Team work - Intermediate
* Time management – Intermediate
* Mentoring – Basic
Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally you will be educated to degree level in either: Computer Science, Physics, Software Engineering or Software Engineering equivalent.
Ideally 2+ years working as a Web Application Developer within a Software Development environment.
What do we offer?
In return, we offer successful candidates a promising future, within a growing business; with the chance to reap the benefits of an award winning employments rewards package which includes:
* 25-days holiday with the option to purchase 3 extra days
* Company pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Employee discount scheme
* Vodafone discounts
* Subsidised canteen
* Corporate gym membership rates
* Free parking