|SENIOR JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Home based)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the largest privately-owned HR and Payroll provider in the UK with global offices. This is a really exciting time in MHR where we continue our Global expansion using People First, you will be part of a multi-disciplined Agile team developing cutting edge software to help us achieve our ambitious goals. People First is a complete work ethos and HR platform that enables a better, more productive way of working for everyone.
You will be using technologies such as JPA/Hibernate, JEE, JAXRS/REST, Junit, Azure and DDD. Our development effort is organised into multi discipline teams which contain colleagues with skills in Angular, Java, BDD and UI testing.
We are open to using new and emerging technologies. In order to facilitate this we encourage colleagues to attend training courses and/or go to conferences such as JAX London, DDD exchange and Devoxx. We welcome developers own suggestions on how to progress their professional development.
* Work as part of an Agile team to provide formal and qualified estimates of development effort.
* Produce high quality software that is extensible, scalable and maintainable.
* Complete code reviews for other members of the team
* Attending, leading and contributing to internal meetings such as daily stand ups, refinement, planning retrospectives and design sessions.
* Mentoring more junior members of the team.
* Discover new technologies and techniques and adapt to dynamic business requirements.
* Liaise with customers via the appropriate means in order to fully understand their issues and/or requirements, this may involve occasional visits to customer sites.
Skills and Experience required:
Ideally you will be degree qualified within a Computer Science based course.
For the Senior vacancy, we will ONLY consider candidates with existing experience.
* Communication – Advanced
* Team work - Advanced
* Time management – Advanced
* Problem solving – Advanced
* Mentoring – Intermediate
More details of the role:
We are looking for candidates who have strong self-discipline and motivation to work as you will be employed on a home based contract. On occassion, employees will be expected to attend meetings at our Nottingham office with the wider software team.
What do we offer?
In return, we offer successful candidates a promising future, within a growing business; with the chance to reap the benefits of an award winning employments rewards package which includes:
* 25-days holiday with the option to purchase 3 extra days
* Company pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Employee discount scheme
* Vodafone discounts
* Subsidised canteen
* Corporate gym membership rates
* Free parking