Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17.30 – Flexible working considered
£25,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience
Commercial Business Support
Our client is revolutionising the way eye care is delivered around the world by developing its own proprietary cloud connected AI-driven systems and technologies. Highly innovative and rapidly growing, our client’s success is driven not only by ground breaking technologies, but as a employer of choice with a progressive culture.
What is the purpose of the role?
* You will work closely with the R&D and Hardware Engineering teams to create products that seamlessly combine hardware and software.
* develop, implement, and improve the software that runs our new and innovative products.
* help to turn product concepts into market leading products.
What skills and experience will you have?
* a degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other technical discipline, plus solid experience as a Software Engineer.
* knowledge of the software development cycle and delivering solutions tailored to customer requirements.
* experience using Git for source code management.
* willingness to learn new technologies and take pride in how fast one can develop software.
* proven competence in developing desktop software with C#, WPF, and Microsoft .NET.
* experience in developing software using the MVVM design pattern.
* competence in developing web-based software with C# and Microsoft ASP.NET MVC.
* experience developing and managing APIs for data transmission.
* a deep understanding of Entity Framework.
* a strong grasp of mathematics and the confidence to apply it.
Desirable Experience and Knowledge
Experience in the following would be advantageous, but is not essential:
* Microsoft Azure.
* C++ and C.
* Atlassian JIRA.
* Control of hardware devices via Serial Port, GPIO, or manufacturer defined APIs.
* Xamarin mobile framework.
You will be excited about the prospect of pioneering medical advances, working in a team of world-leading experts and you will have a track record of making things happen. You will be able to deliver to deadlines and work both collectively and independently.
What will you get in return?
* A Salary of between £25-£45k per annum, depending on experience.
* The chance to work on groundbreaking technology
* An excellent work environment
* Flexible working hours