|Office Depot has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Developer to join the team based in Leicester. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
We are Office Depot. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better - whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Office Depot operates in thirteen countries through its two main brands Office Depot and Viking, with retail stores in France and Sweden.
About the role:
Are you an experienced, innovative and dynamic Developer looking to play a key part in achieving stability within the primary IT functions of Office Depot?
If so, why not come and join the European Office Depot developer team at our head office in Leicester?
We operate in thirteen countries through our main two brands Office Depot and Viking. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better- whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything our customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture and school essentials.
As a Senior Developer for Office Depot you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast moving and dynamic workplace, some of the benefits available are:
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Free car parking
- Private health care and life assurance
- Excellent onsite facilities and an exceptional work environment
Key duties and responsibilities of our Senior Developer:
- Take a lead role within the team to analysing, designing, coding, testing and implementing European business solutions within projects
- Optimize delivered IT solutions and improved information management through an understanding of changing business needs and innovative technology capabilities
- Support the AS400 Supply Chain systems in relation to Warehouse Management, Transportation, Inventory Management and Inventory Planning & Internal Procurement
- Integrate new strategies and technologies into policies and processes driving medium level of investment and risk
- Define scope and activities of projects, ensure execution and manages uncertainties
Essential skills and experience required to be our Senior Developer:
- Strong background as a developer with extensive experience
- Experience of developing and managing business solutions on AS400 based systems using RPG (III, IV & 400), CLP and ILE, with a strong understanding of applicable database structures
- Experience working with AS400, SAP, Oracle, Manhattan WMS, JDE, JDA, Unix, EDI, SFTP, HTTPS systems would be highly beneficial
- Proven experience of the ability to influence, motivate and mentor others
- Strong communication skills are essential, with flexibility and patience to try new things
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Senior Developer, please click ‘Apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
Keywords: Leicester, Senior Developer